Salmon Ceviche - Easy and Nutritious Recipe
In Peru many varieties of ceviches are prepared thanks to the diversity of fish that are available in our sea, however the salmon ceviche it is little or not at all popular, that is because this fish does not occur on the Peruvian coasts. Even so, you can find it imported in supermarkets (although at a somewhat high price) and prepare it with the recipe that I bring you today.
How to prepare salmon ceviche
Salmon ceviche has been a more than all international dish, because it is prepared and consumed in other countries. However, in this recipe I am going to teach you how to prepare it in the Peruvian style. Also if you are not Peruvian, you can do it and add or remove ingredients according to your taste and opinion.
In addition to a good salmon, what you will need is red onion, fresh lemons, salt, pepper and of course chili. You know, ceviche that is not spicy is not ceviche, at least in Peru. Once you mix all the ingredients you should let the fish marinate for about 5 or 10 minutes, no more is needed to have a good-tasting ceviche
As we already know, seafood is very nutritious and provides many health benefits, salmon is no exception. This fish brings proteins of great biological valuemaking it ideal for keeping our muscular system strong and healthy.
Like other oily fish such as horse mackerel or bonito, salmon contains fatty acids rich in Omega 3. These oils are ideal for maintaining good cardiovascular health, as they lower cholesterol levels in the blood. It also prevents the formation of thrombi and clots.
Regarding vitaminsthis fish contains some of group B such as B2, B3, B6, B9 and B12. These vitamins help in the absorption of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. However, the levels are not as high as in other foods rich in vitamin B.
Finally, the fat contained in salmon contributes in the presence of vitamins A and D. These are ideal for the growth and conservation of the skin, mucous membranes and other tissues of our body. Regarding the minerals it provides magnesium, iodine and some of iron.
Salmon ceviche recipe
Prepare this delicious ceviche with salmon and please your palate and yours with unusual flavors. This dish is ideal to share on any occasion, especially when heat and hunger knock on our door together. Now if we move on to the recipe.
portions: 4 people
calories: 270 calories
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 800 grams of salmon
- 10 lemons
- 2 onions
- 1 chili pepper
- 50 grams of coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boiled sweet potatoes
- 2 large cooked corn
- 4 leaves of fresh lettuce
- Start by washing the fish in plenty of cold water. Then cut it into cubes of approximately 1.5 centimeters. Add the ground garlic, a little salt and pepper, place it in a bowl and reserve.
- The next step is to peel and cut the onion into julienne strips. Then soak it for about 5 minutes in cold salted water to make it taste milder and crispier. Rinse and reserve.
- Next, slice the lemons and squeeze them into a bowl. Do not squeeze them 100% so that the oils from the peel do not make the juice obtained bitter.
- Now wash and cut the chili pepper into very thin strips or into squares. Also cut the coriander finely. Add these ingredients to the fish and stir well.
- Then add the lemon juice and stir well so that it reaches the fish in its entirety. Also add the onion and mix.
- To finish, check that the salt and pepper are to the taste of your palate. Serve with lettuce and the garnishes of your choice.
Tips for making salmon ceviche
- The best advice to make a good ceviche is always to use fresh fish, as we already know that in Peru it is difficult to get salmon in that state, at least use one that is in good condition.
- To improve the flavor you can add a tablespoon of grated kion (ginger).
- Do not marinate the fish for hours, it is not necessary, 10 minutes is enough. It is false that lemon kills bacteria or other microorganisms.
- Do not add all the lemon juice, add little by little calculating that the acidity is to your liking.