Rice with Seafood » How to prepare Step by Step » Recipe
The rice with seafood It is a typical dish from the coast of our Peru because here we can eat the freshest seafood due to the presence of the sea.
With this recipe you can prepare your own rice with seafood from the comfort of your home, it will surely provoke you to do it is very simple. Cheer up!
Importance of Rice with Seafood
Rice with seafood as an essential part of its preparation contains various species that we can find in the sea and these are also beneficial for our health.
It is important that in a balanced diet we can take into account some products of the sea, among these shellfish, because they provide vitamins A, B, D and E in addition to giving us omega 3, which is basic for our health as a natural fat.
How to prepare Rice with Seafood
- The first thing we will do is clean and wash the shellfish, then we will sprinkle them with a little salt and let them rest.
- Now we will go with the main part of the preparation because it is about the dressing which must be done with a lot of patience, thus allowing the ingredients to fry well.
- We can now mix our dressing with the parboiled rice, sprinkle the milk and it will be ready.
Seafood Rice Recipe
We are going to prepare a delicious rice with seafood for a special day or a Sunday that you want to pamper your family. You can follow the recipe that we bring for you.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
portions: 4 people
calories: 230 calories
- 1.- 1/2 kilo of seafood mixture
- 2.- 1/2 kilo of parboiled rice
- 3.- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4.- Chopped coriander
- 5.- 1/2 diced bell pepper
- 6.- 1 diced tomato without seeds or foot
- 7.- 120 grams of parboiled peas
- 8.- 3 tablespoons of mirasol pepper
- 9.- 100 to 120 grams of diced onion
- 10.- oregano
- 11.- A splash of milk
- 12.- 4 tablespoons of red chili or special chili
- 13.- 1 tablespoon of ground garlic
- 14.- Annatto powder
- 15.- Pepper
- 16.- Cumin
- 17.- 1/2 cup of stock or fish broth
- 18.- Salt to taste
- 19.- 3/4 of a glass of white wine
- 20.- 1/4 cup of chicha de jora
- 21.- Vegetable oil
Let's go season the seafood for our dish
- 1.1.- After having washed and cleaned the shellfish we are going to start putting a small amount of salt so that they take on the flavor
- 1.2.- With a spoon we are going to mix all the shellfish and let it rest for a moment while we proceed with other steps.
We prepare the dressing of the rice with seafood
- 2.1.- In a frying pan we are going to heat a jet of oil and here we are going to put the onion that we have chopped about 100 grams more or less and we are going to fry it for approximately 3 minutes.
- 2.2.- Now we are going to add the garlic and stir everything well so that the garlic and onion continue to brown together, we are always going to be moving it and giving it the necessary time to fry.
- 2.3.- We are going to put the special chili here and stir everything together well so that our dressing can brown well, it can last 1 to 2 minutes depending on the fire in our kitchen.
- 2.4.- After a while we are going to add the mirasol pepper and stir well so that it is fried with our other ingredients.
- 2.5.- At this time we are going to add the achiote powder, the pepper and the cumin, which is always to taste. We remove well
- 2.6.- Right away we will add the chopped tomato and we will lower the heat so that the tomato cooks well and we will fry like this for 2 minutes.
- 2.7.- So at this moment we are going to add the chopped coriander, it is about 3/4 three quarters of pyrix and the chopped pepper we continue frying with a lot of patience and add salt and oregano to taste. Stir everything together well and let it brown evenly.
- 2.8.- When you see that the coriander has browned well, we are going to add the chicha de jora and continue frying. taste the salt
Now we are going to prepare our rice with seafood
- 3.1.- We already have the dressing ready, so we will add the shellfish to this preparation and sprinkle the white wine, we wait for it to begin to boil so that the alcohol evaporates.
- 3.2.- When the dressing has started to boil, we are going to add the parboiled peas and a little grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3.3.- Now we add the rice that we have previously parboiled and stir everything very delicately.
- 3.4.- We are going to add the milk and continue stirring everything together for a while so that the rice absorbs the flavor and takes on the color of our dressing.
How to accompany Rice with Seafood
- Creole sauce
- hot pepper cream
- squid crackling
Tips to prepare Rice with Seafood
1st tip: For the rice to look good and be easier to mix with the dressing of preference, it must be completely cold.
2nd tip: Seafood should not be cooking for more than 3 minutes so we preserve its nutrients and also its texture.
If you want to know other articles similar to Rice with seafood you can visit the category main dishes.